Welcome to HomeSchooling in Kuwait!
HomeSchooling in Kuwait or HSK is a
project passion that the blog-author-homeschool-mom deeply cares about. She believes that education starts right at home, and should be done, first and foremost, by the parents. Her guiding principle is this quote:
“Experts tell us that 90% of all brain development occurs by the age of five. If we don’t begin thinking about education in the early years, our children are at risk of falling behind by the time they start Kindergarten.” – Robert. L. Ehrlich
HSK started offline in 2008, the moment that the author conceived her 1st born. Throughout her pregnancy, she read a lot about how babies in the womb learn. She equipped her baby in her womb by reading books, listening to English BBC news and nursery rhymes , particularly, on her 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Fast forward to the time she gave birth to her 1st baby in 2009, she continued “teaching” her naturally through singing, making sounds, book-reading, and more. The results? Her 1st baby is SIMPLY AMAZING, and so is her 2nd baby.
Her 1st baby is now
three seven years old, and isn’t going to formal/obligatory school yet is homeschooled. People have been amazed at her development that people thought the baby is schooled somewhere. The author is also homeschooling her 2nd baby.
There are many reasons for this homeschooling
project journey: (It’s not a project but a journey. A project has a start and an end…while a journey is a continuous process…)
- Learning is a lifelong process. It starts from womb, to zero age, to formative years, primary years, to adulthood. The mommy herself is a lifelong learner. She loves both traditional and online setting of classes. She believes in early childhood education.
- Early childhood education need not be costly. It should be affordable, effective, suitable for the needs of the child.
- Learning in life about anything need not be tasking on the part of the child. It’s hard to get up at 6a.m. then beat the traffic before 7:30a.m. and go home at 1:0op.m.
- The mom-author believes that schooling isn’t synonymous to learning. Learning can be done anywhere: from home to nature, to anywhere on the street, from things around our children, and from people around them.
- Homeschooling is a form of real bonding between parent and child, between husband and wife, and between or among siblings who are homeschooled.
- The mom-author believes in this saying: “The best academy is a mother’s knee.” ~ James Russell Lowell
Join Homeschooling in Kuwait in learning more about this life-changing project and selfless endeavor that a mom can give her child. Dads are welcome to join HSK, too.
P.S. For quite some time in 2015, the author was an absentee homeschool teacher-mommy because of so many commitments with the world. So she made a covenant in 2016 with the Lord that she will devote much of her time in this task that she’s called for – to teach about life to her children.
This is to shed light that homeschooling isn’t an easy task. It’s not for the faint of heart. It’s not an ordinary task that one can just do without much planning and strategy. Once in, you gotta push even harder because the road ahead isn’t always a straight one. It’s oftentimes bumpy and the sky is cloudy until it becomes clear again. But hey, everything is possible especially when we devote our struggling moments to the Lord and He will make all paths as smooth as possible.